Sunday 31 May 2009

Record Fair

Hot damn! I love a good record fair. There was one at the Brighton Centre today. I'd been looking forward to it all week, but as it turns out it was only alright. They'd upped the entry to £2.00, which I thought was pretty steep, usually £1.50, that's 50p I could've had towards a Pepsi on the way home. Anyway, I managed to get this live Earth album, Sunn Amps And Smashed Guitars, on CD! I've been looking for it for ages, was having trouble finding it anywhere. For the record, it's awesome. So yeah, obtaining that made it worth paying the astronomical entry fee. Also got Pelican's City Of Echoes which was a bit of an impulse buy, but as it transpires, is pretty awesome too. While I was there I heard these two gentlemen talking about Bob Dylan's Happy-Themetime-Disney-Playhouse-Marvel-Action-Hour or whatever the heck it's called, y'know, his Radio 2 show. This guy said something along the lines of "I don't need Bob Dylan to tell me what to listen to!" It was pretty funny. I mean I didn't tell it as well as he did it, a lot of it was in the delivery...

No comments:

Post a Comment